Danger's Art Pad

Danger's Art Pad

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SuperCub Psycho!





This is the latest assignment I've done for Chris Thornock's Illustration class. We were to pick from a list of visual cliches ( I picked the skeleton) and create something using tired material. What I came up with was sort of a self portrait/homage to Ed Newton and Robert Williams' art for Roth Studios. I remember reading a quote once from Williams talking about how all that old Ratfink decal and t-shirt art has become a big part of the hotrod world today, when at the time, it's main patrons were 12 year old boys, not the hotrod drivers and motorcycle riders portrayed in the in the decals. Then it occurred to me that even Newt and Wms.' Death-Dealing Angels from Hell had to have been punk kids who couldn't afford custom Triumphs at some point. The colored version is done in Acrylic and Prismacolor marker with the seafoam green border created in Photoshop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment