Danger's Art Pad

Danger's Art Pad

Monday, February 18, 2013

Not Bad, for a Human...



I've been trying to do these 1 hour head paintings every Sunday night, with varied success. I try to tell myself, "You're doing them so fast, you're just learning this medium, just post whatever comes out without fear or shame, it'll make you better...". Well, whatever my mamby-pamby patting myself on the back I use to fortify my tender artist's sensibilities, that painting last night didn't look a thing like Lance Henriksen. Try as I might, I couldn't convince myself it was him once objectivity was restored. I knew it would bug me til I proved to myself I could create a likeness of him, so here's a quick drawing of him in the medium I'm used to, Ink and Brush. For those of you who don't know Lance Henriksen, this is what he looks like. For those of you who do, I hope we can all forget about that little faux-pas last night and move forward with the Sunday Head Paintings. The bottom is a quick, goofy digital coloring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment