Danger's Art Pad

Danger's Art Pad

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Monster Frames!




I painted a whole mess of these Ghouls-in-the-Dark last Fall; sold a couple, gave more away to fellow Monster fans as gifts. The BYU Illustrators' Association is taking part in a Monster themed show at Muse Music here in Provo starting this Friday, and I want a bite of the pie, so I thought I'd enter the Caveman and Screamin Skull. They needed to be framed and hang-able, so I built frames today in the Scene Shop with leftover Masonite. I went through a series of ideas for the paint, from velvet facing to flat black, but I decided on the charred blood scheme. I wanted to evoke the tacky-flashiness of the old 60's comic book ad rubber masks. The show opens this Friday night (Feb. 1st) at Muse in Provo. I'll have these two and some hand colored prints of my Runaway Honda design for sale. GO BUY ALL OF THEM. I plan of building some more of these ooze frames too, so let me know if you want one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment