Danger's Art Pad

Danger's Art Pad

Sunday, March 4, 2012

TANGERINE TERROR Finally Done!











Finally, after months of mismatched sidecovers, the flake job on my 78 Honda cb125 is done! I bought the bike last summer as a means of practicing both Kustom painting and street riding, with the goal of getting it painted and then selling it to get something bigger and at least a couple of years older (a 72-76 cb500 would be ideal). The winter here has been very cold and relatively non sickle friendly, but it's starting to warm up, so I decided it was, at long last, time to finish painting it and get it sold so I can get something going for this Spring. All that was left to do were the sidecovers, and I finished them (having filled holes and sprayed my yellow base coat about a month ago) yesterday in the paint booth at work. Between coats on the covers, I painted this helmet for my ladyfriend to wear. We got it a couple of weeks ago at a 2nd hand shop for $10! I sanded it a week or two ago, then painted it all yesterday in the process seen in the photos. It will get some personalized lettering and a good coat of clear at a later date, but it looks pretty good in the sun right now. I've still got a little de-winterizing to do to the bike before it's ready to sell, and I will get some new photos of it up when that time comes. Of course, any interested parties can get in touch with me before that if the Tangerine Terror is a bike they just can't wait to own...

No comments:

Post a Comment