Danger's Art Pad

Danger's Art Pad

Monday, November 14, 2011

Oil Figure study for Class


So this semester has been my first working with oils, and I really like it. I'm definitely still learning who's who and what's what, and certainly will be for the rest of my life, but I feel like I'm getting more used to the medium, and the process is slowly becoming more understandable. The figure above was painted from a live model over several sessions in the past couple weeks. The class starts at 8 am on Monday mornings, so I'm proud that any of us are producing creative images at that time (which my classmates really are). The textured masonite I experimented with on this painting and the academic-grade oil paints I'm using to learn on can be thanked for the bright glare on the background colors.  There will probably be more of these to put up in the coming weeks, and there will certainly be more personal and work projects popping up in oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment